FreeAgent CRM readily helps your organization integrate and streamline your work processes. Some of these capabilities require handling information from your organization. Rest assured, we are fully committed to protecting your data and privacy.
FreeAgent is fully GDPR Certified.
Q. Does FreeAgent store any login information from my organization when we pair our emails?
No, we don’t store any passwords or user information. FreeAgent uses the industry-standard OAuth 2.0 to generate an access token from your email service (e.g., Office365). These access tokens are temporary and encrypted.
Q. Would anyone at FreeAgent or any other service have access to my login info during the pairing process?
No. The tokens generated by OAuth 2.0 are handled internally through our database. Our database itself is restricted to only our DevOps Administrator. And as previously mentioned, these tokens are encrypted and temporary.
Q. So no one at FreeAgent will have access to my email account once it’s paired?
Correct. We will never have access to your login information or account.
Q. How does FreeAgent store the emails themselves?
All emails are stored internally within FreeAgent and not shared with any third parties.
Q. How does FreeAgent maintain these security standards?
We undergo extensive security testing both internally and from third parties to ensure our customer emails are secured. Additionally, the email services themselves (e.g., Google) also perform audits to ensure access tokens are stored securely and no information is transferred externally.
Click here to learn more about FreeAgent's security and procedures.
For more information on the OAuth 2.0 protocol, click here.
For more information on GDPR certification, click here.
Q. In case of system failure or disaster, does FreeAgent / Cloud service perform backups on a scheduled basis to assist data recovery?
- To safeguard against system failure and disaster, we conduct annual Disaster Recovery (DR) rehearsals and tests. This ensures that our systems can be swiftly restored in the event of a catastrophe.
- Our dedicated DR team actively engages in mock disaster scenarios, reviewing and enhancing our DR plan based on the results. This continuous improvement process is at the core of our disaster recovery strategy.
- We employ a rigorous automated data backup process, closely monitored for precision and reliability.
- Our system features automated backups that are enabled for a duration of 7 days. This means your data and applications are automatically backed up, providing you with the assurance that your information is continually protected.
Currently, we offer point-in-time restore capabilities that span up to the past 7 days. This means you have the flexibility to recover your data or applications to any specific historical state within this 7-day window. Your data's integrity is maintained, allowing you to roll back to a known good state as needed.
- In the event of any exceptions or failures during the backup process, our proactive alert system notifies us promptly, allowing for immediate resolution.
- Customer data is stored on highly available storage systems, guaranteeing both accessibility and protection, so customers can have peace of mind knowing your information is safe and accessible when needed.
- To ensure the integrity of customer data, we conduct annual backup restoration tests, reaffirming our commitment to data preservation.
AWS maintains a continuous transaction log of all activities on S3, guaranteeing the ability to recover data at any desired time. This feature is integral to our robust data protection strategy. It ensures that even in the event of unexpected issues, such as data corruption or accidental deletions, we can precisely pinpoint the moment you want to recover, and this is done automatically to streamline the process.
Efficient Restoration Process:
We understand the urgency of getting your operations back on track after an outage or disaster. Our restoration process is designed for efficiency, with a maximum completion time of just one hour. This includes the retrieval of necessary backup data and the restoration of your systems. Our automated backup system plays a significant role in expediting this process.