With our new reporting engine, your Dashboards are more powerful than ever.
This new release introduced changes to three main areas in FreeAgent that are closely linked to our reporting capabilities:
Visit the tutorials linked above to learn more about each of them.
What has changed?
As always, views are the cornerstones for all the reports, but we have improved how they are generated by upgrading our widgets, with a few changes to the views themselves. Here is a comprehensive list of the major changes:
- Charts were transformed into widgets. This gives you more control over how you visualize your data. This also means that you can create multiple widgets from a single view. On top of having the previous charts as widgets, we have added 2 more widgets: Number and Gauge.
- Dashboards. Create new dashboards, share them with your team and define who gets access to edit them. Add widgets, click-through into a widget to drill down into the underlying data, and see the resulting view in a new tab.
- View creation process. Simplified the available views and transformed charts into widgets. Instead of having multiple dropdowns for configuration purposes, we combined them into a single one ‘Filter, Sort & More’. When creating a view you can add filters, sorting options, define groups for your data, enable pivot tables and even add calculations all in the same dropdown.
- Improved views. Included new features for the List view like the ability to pin columns, drag & drop column headers right on the table to reorder them, easier column management plus dotwalking, that allows you to add column headers from referenced apps. Add dashlets to your list, board, rolodex, and calendar views.
- Other enhancements. We replaced Pareto with sorting. Some calculations (max, min, and average) were removed from charts. These now default to count, but you have the option to select number or currency fields to calculate sum.