If you are experiencing issues when pairing your email using the "Other" option, you have come to the right place. In this tutorial, we will review some of the most common causes and how to solve them.
- Validate your user and password
- My password is correct but I’m still getting error messages
- I’m sure my password and settings are correct
- Nothing of the above helped me
Validate your user and password
Make sure you are entering the correct credentials. You can verify this by going to your email sign-in web page. Regardless of who is hosting your email, they all provide a web portal in which you can log in to corroborate your credentials.
My password is correct but I’m still getting error messages
It might be possible that the Outgoing or Incoming server settings are wrong. Here we have a few options for you to get the correct configuration:
- If you are using Outlook desktop.
Check the following information from Microsoft support:
- If you are using Thunderbird.
Check the following information from Thunderbird support:
- If you are using Mail for Mac.
- Open Mac Mail.
- In the top bar, click at "Mail".
- Select "Preferences".
- Select the email that you want to pair with FreeAgent.
- Select the option "Server Settings".
- If the option "Automatically manage connection settings" is checked, uncheck it to get the current port values that are used to connect with your service.
If nothing of the above is your case, please contact your IT team or provider to ask for this specific setting.
I’m sure my password and settings are correct
If you are pairing using SSL/STARTTLS please be sure you are using a cipher equals or newer than TLS 1.2. To verify this, you can go to:
There you can test your host and see if it is using a secure cipher. In the case that your server is not using a secure cipher please contact your IT team or provider to get you an alternative like an insecure connection or an upgrade on your server cipher versions.
To know more about how to pair using other emails see article below:
Nothing of the above helped me
Please reach out to us using the live chat or send us an email to:
We will be happy to help you!