Keeping your data up-to-date is essential for your business and that is the reason why we offer several quick and easy options to update data. Let's get started!
User Permissions: No special permissions are required to use this feature.
Note: There are some restrictions available to import CSV files. If you are unable to import files, please reach out to your team's administrator
In this tutorial, we will cover how to:
- Navigate to your Apps
- Edit a Single Record
- Edit Multiple Records (Bulk Edit)
- Edit Multiple Records Through an Import (CSV file)
Navigate to your Apps
First, you need to use the menu in order to get to the app for which you want to create the record.
- You can use the search function to search for the name of your application.
- Click on the app from the main App Homscreen
- Or click on the app name in the left menu and select one of the views.
Edit a Single Record
There are a few different ways you can edit a single record:
1. Hover your cursor over the three-button menu next to the record you would like to edit and click on "Edit".
2. Click on the record you want to edit. Then click on the "Edit" button in the top right corner of the screen.
On the 'Edit' window, you can change all the information related to your record, including the owner. Once you are done with the changes click 'Save'.
Edit Multiple Records (Bulk edit)
To bulk edit or update your records go to the desired App and and make sure that you're in List View.
Then select the records you want to edit by clicking on the square to the left of the record's name or click on the top square to select the first 50 Records. There will be an indicator of the total of records you have selected. Below it you have the option to click 'Select all X records' if you are looking to edit them all.
Now when you make changes to any of the fields those changes will be applied to all of the selected records. It is possible to change multiple fields at the same time. Keep in mind that these changes will be applied to all the records you selected, therefore you should avoid changes to fields that don't have the same value on all of them.
When you are done editing your records, click the 'Save' button. You will see a 'Success' message and right after the List view will be updated and will show the new information for your records. The update of the List View could take a few seconds, depending on the total of records and the amount of information to update.
Edit Multiple Records Through an Import (CSV file)
This method is recommended when you want to update a large number of records simultaneously. There are 3 steps to follow:
1. Download your data: Go to the desired app, click the 'Export and Print' button, and click 'Export to CSV'.
2. Open the CSV file and make the required changes. (*Review Reference Join Fields)
3. Go to the Import Wizard and upload your CSV file: It's the same process you follow for importing data to FreeAgent.
Key Considerations When Updating Data Through Import
It is important that you base your updates on the exported CSV file, as it includes the ID field needed in order for the import to be treated as an update. If the ID column is not present at the time of the import, it will create duplicated records. Here's an example of what a record ID looks like:
When you have a Reference field that points to another app, it is essential that your file includes the ID of the record instead of the name.
For more information on preparing and importing data, visit Import Your Data in FreeAgent.