FreeAgent CRM offers different types of Custom Fields that will allow you to store all sorts of data. The sky is the limit.
Custom Fields Types
There are several types of custom fields, depending on the type of data you want to save.
- Choice List. Recommended for information where you need to select a single element from a list of options. This field type is available on the filters.
- Choice List - Multi Select. Especially useful for data where you want to select 2 or more options from those available on the list. This field type is available on the filters.
- Currency. This is a numeric field type that separates groups of thousands with commas and adds the dollar sign '$' to the amount.
- Date. Creates an input field that allows the user to enter a date through a date picker. The resulting value includes the year, month, and day. When importing data to this field the format should be yyyy/mm/dd (2019/01/31).
- Date Time. Similar to the date field, it allows the user to enter a date through a date picker as well as the time. When importing data through a CSV file, the format should be yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss (2019-04-29T01:30:46.954Z). It is important to mention that the time should be expressed in UTC.
- Date Ago. It calculates a value from a given date. If the birthday is added as 'date', 'date ago' will calculate the age starting from the date of birth.
- Email. When this type is selected the field will expect a valid email address. The Email address added in this field type will be used as contact information, which means that when you click on the Email icon you will be able to select the desired Email from those available.
- Location. This field type suggests different options when typing in a location, based on existing addresses. It also becomes a Google maps URL for the address entered in the field.
- Number. This is a numeric-only value, which means that it won't accept letters nor special symbols.
- Percent. This field adds the % symbol to a given amount. It accepts decimal values.
- Phone. This type should be used when an additional phone field is required and it will be available once the phone call icon is clicked.
- Text. This field type is alphanumeric. It is mostly used when adding both letters and numbers on the same field or for larger pieces of information. This field can be used as a 'Primary'.
- URL. As the name implies, this field accepts URLs. Using this field type to input URL will make the URLs clickable.
- Reference. This field type creates a link to existing information on FreeAgent CRM. It is mostly used when referencing to a Lead, Account or Deal.
- Reference Join. References the value of an existing field from another tab, and keeps it updated. Great to use when some fields have the same information on all the tabs.
- Reference - Multi Select. Similar to the Reference field above. However, it allows you to select multiple values.