As part of your Sendgrid integration, you can put together Email Campaigns, meticulously crafted to enhance your email marketing endeavours. Leveraging FreeAgent's effortless integration with SendGrid, these campaigns empower you to swiftly send personalized bulk emails, optimize delivery, and acquire invaluable insights into the effectiveness of your email outreach.
User Permissions: Only the Administrators can use this feature.
Requirements: In order to create these email campaigns you'll need an active Sendgrid account that has been integrated with FreeAgent. For more information on integrating Sendgrid with FreeAgent please see the following article.
- Navigate to Email Campaigns
- Create a New Email Campaign
- Manage Your Campaigns
- Unsubscribe List
Navigate to Email Campaigns
Go to Activities > Emails > Email Campaigns.
Create a New Email Campaign
Click on "Add Email Campaign" and choose from a Sales or Marketing template.
- Sales Template: this will take you to our basic email template tool. You should choose this option if you would like to create a basic text-based template.
- Marketing Template: This will take you to our new 'drag and drop' interface. You should choose this option if you would like to create more interactive and visual templates.
After you choose your template the campaign creation window will open. If you've ever built a customer email template in FreeAgent you'll notice this screen looks very similar. Let's go through each field.
Choose a title for your campaign.
2. App for Merge Tags
This will determine what fields you can pull information from. For example, if you choose the Contacts app you'll be able to pull information from the fields within that app. This is done using what we call Dot Walking. To learn more see the following article:
Note: Templates are tied to the application you choose for Merge Tags. This is important to remember if you're planning on creating an automation that uses an email template.
3. Recipients View
This is where you choose who you would like to send the email campaign to. This is all based on Saved Views in FreeAgent. If you have specific contacts you're trying to target you should create a new Saved View that lists only those contacts.
See this article to learn more about Saved Views:
Choose who you would like the campaign to be sent from. You can choose from Users within FreeAgent.
Create the subject of your email campaign. You can also use Merge Tags here.
6. Preview Test
This appears underneath the subject in some email readers. Use it to boost your open rates and make your emails more engaging.
You have two options for creating your template.
Use "Edit" if you need to create a new template for your campaign. Keep in mind that if you choose this option your template will not be saved to FreeAgent for later use.
Import from Template
You can import a template that has already been created. You can choose from any template that you've created or those that have been shared with the rest of your team.
If needed you can attach files to your campaign. Keep in mind that attachments hurt email deliverability when sending in bulk. Use links instead wherever possible.
9. Save or Send your Campaign
- Save Draft: If you still have edits and changes to make to your campaign you can save it as a draft and come back to it later.
- Send Now: send your campaign to your chosen recipients.
- Send Later: If your campaign is finished but you're not ready to send it you can choose this option.
Manage your Campaigns
- Draft: All campaigns you've saved as drafts can be seen here.
- Send: If you saved your campaign using "Send Later" you can access it in this tab.
- Scheduled: This is for campaigns that are scheduled to be sent at a specific date.
- Processing: Larger campaigns may take time to process once you've sent them. You can check on their progress here.
- Sent: All campaigns that have been sent and fully processed can be seen here.
- Failed: If for some reason a problem occurred and the campaign did not send it will be visible in this tab.
With your Sendgrid integration, you can also see how well your campaigns performed.
While in the "Sent" tab, hover your cursor over the three-button menu and click on "View Effectiveness Report".
You'll the get a report that will provide information on sent vs delivered, emails opened, unique clicks, and more.
You can track unsubscribes automatically and have that information available in FreeAgent. Navigate to Activities > Emails > Email Unsubscribes.
You'll have access to everyone that has decided to unsubscribe from your email campaign.