You can quickly access your notifications, tasks, and calendar events anywhere within FreeAgent. You can also access a live feed of all activities in one place. Your CRM should help you to not only stay organized but on task and focused. Our new pop-in menu allows you to do just that.
In this tutorial, we will cover the following topics:
- Navigate to the menu
- Live Feed
- My Tasks
- My Agenda
- Knowledge Base ai Assistant
To access it you simply click on one of the icons located on the right side of the screen. The menu will then slide over allowing you to access your information.
Let's go over what you can do with each category in more detail.
1. When you hover over the notification you'll notice a button appears that allows you to dismiss it once it's been read.
2. If the notification contains a link you can click it to be taken to the page. In the gif below the link will take you to the "what's new" page announcing this feature. This works for any notification that contains some type of link. For example, some notifications contain an email address. You can click on this to open the email floating window in FreeAgent.
3. You can click on the options button at the top of the page. This will allow you to either clear out all notifications or go directly to your notifications settings.
4. You can use search terms and choose what source apps you would like to use for the notifications feed.
The live feed presents a comprehensive list of all FreeAgent activities relevant to you.
Just like in Notifications, you can take action depending on the context of the action. For example, if one of the items in your live feed contains an email you can send a reply by simply clicking on the email address.
You can get a larger, more detailed view of the action itself by simply clicking on it. You can also mouse over any of the links in the individual actions to get a pop-up that will display more detail.
You can filter your feed by looking for specific team members or by the source app the activity is coming from.
1. Click on the options menu next to each task to get a menu of actions you can take. For tasks that involve a next step, you'll have the added option to send an email or make a phone call right from within FreeAgent.
You can also simply mouse over the task type to initiate a call or email.
2. Click on filters to make changes to which tasks will show up in your list.
3. Use the plus sign to create new tasks right from the list.
1. Click on the calendar icon to change to a daily or weekly view.
2. Click on 'Today' to open the calendar to select a specific date.
3. You can click on the forward and back arrows to move one day at a time as well.
You can click on any of your calendar events to see the event details. Who's attending, meeting notes, and even your Zoom or Google Meet links.
You can also add new meetings by simply clicking on the time you would like to book the meeting on your agenda. The meeting creation panel with then appear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Knowledge Base ai Assistant
FreeAgent Knowledge Base assistant is a powerful new tool to help you find answers to your questions quickly. It uses ai to quickly find articles and videos in our knowledge base that will help answer your questions about using FreeAgent.
Click on the question mark icon in the right-hand menu to get started.
The assistant chat will appear and you can now ask any question you want about using FreeAgent.
The assistant will provide you with a brief answer to your question as well as links to relevant Knowledge Base articles.
Whether you're adding a new record, creating a new field, or making edits, you can now bookmark that work if you need to come back to it later.
It will show up at the bottom of the right-hand menu. If you hover your cursor over the image it will tell you what the bookmark is for.
This is incredibly useful when working with multiple records from different applications. It's best to see this in action to gain an understanding of how this works. See the short video below: