In FreeAgent, you have the ability to make phone calls directly through the CRM through Twilio. Before we begin, you will need a Twilio subscription.
User Permissions: Only the Administrator can pair a Twilio Account.
Prerequisites: A Twilio account is required for the integration. You'll need an account and a virtual phone number.
- Create a Twilio Account and Purchase a Phone Number
- Gathering your Twilio Account Information
- Adding your Twilio Tokens to FreeAgent
- Pair Your Phone with FreeAgent
For more information on the features a Twilio integration will bring to FreeAgent please see the following article.
Navigate to Twilio
Go to Settings > Integrations > Twilio
1. Create a Twilio Account and Purchase a Phone Number
Go here to create an account.
2. Gathering your Twilio Account Information
a. Account SID
Navigate to your Twilio console and go to Account > API Keys & Tokens. Copy your Account SID for later.
b. API Key and API Key Secret
Now you need to create a new API key by clicking on the button shown in the screenshot below.
Save your API Key and API Key Secret. Please note that these will show up only once. You'll need them again later.
3. Adding your Twilio tokens to FreeAgent
a. Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Twilio
b. Enter the Twilio Tokens in the corresponding fields.
- Account SID
- API Key
- API Secret
c. Save your changes
3. Pair your Phone with FreeAgent
Click on your user profile in the top right-hand corner and go to Preferences > Pair Phone.
This is the message you'll receive after you pair your Twilio number: